Specialized has released the S-Works Ares Road Shoes, to go alongside their top of the line shoe models, the S-Works 7, S-Works Vent and S-Works EXOS Road Shoes.
The S-Works Ares caters for all types of rider styles, even though the research and development team at Specialized were using feedback almost entirely from WorldTour sprinters at Bora-Hansgrohe and Deceuninck–Quick-Step.
S-Works Ares is available in sizes 36-49EU (with half sizes between 38.5-46.5EU) and has a claimed weight of approximately 220g per shoe for size 42EU.
The S-Works Ares features:
• Dyneema® sandwiched between layers of synthetic, TPU and mesh materials
• Specialized’s stiffest and lightest FACT Powerline™ carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 15
• Independent BOA® Li2 Fit System
• Patent-pending closure design secures the foot for extreme, out-of-saddle efforts, locking the metatarsals and preventing lateral roll
• Body Geometry features – Longitudinal Arch, Varus Wedge, and personalized insoles when used together can align the hip, foot, and knee, while also limiting medial/lateral knee movement and maintaining good circulation down to your toes
• PadLock™ heel construction which cradles the heel which is proven to improve acceleration
• Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws
• Form Fit last with a roomy toe box for comfort
• Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position cleats 5mm rearward and fits all major 3-hole road pedals.
To learn more, please visit the Specialized website
View the Specialized shoe range with specifications, summarized reviews and the latest deals.