Similar to the S-Works Vent Shoes, the Prevail II Vent allows for more ventilation compared to the other available S-Works models in that category. Specialized claim that there is 20% more total vent surface area compared to the Prevail II.
The Prevail II Vent caters for all types of rider styles, but is especially suited to hot and/or hilly areas.
The S-Works Prevail II Vent is available in three sizes small, medium and large and has the same claimed weight as the Prevail II with ANGi, approximately 252g for a small CPSC approved helmet.
The S-Works Prevail II Vent with ANGi features:
• The new 5th Dimension Cooling System, with its redesigned, patented, carbon fiber and aramid-reinforced skeleton, provides internal EPS support allowing for large vents with deep internal channels and aligned exhaust ports—all adding up to double the cooling capacity and a 20% increase in total vent size
• ANGi Crash Sensor. When combined with the Specialized iOS or Android app, the sensor will detect a crash and send a text message to specified contacts in your phone. It also syncs with the app and STRAVA® to provide GPS-based activity tracking. The new helmet even includes a lifetime subscription to the Specialized Ride app.
• Specialized’s ultralight and supremely comfortable version of MIPS, the MIPS SL. Specialized have added perforations, along with a ripstop mesh to maximize breathability and performance. With MIPS SL, there is integrated MIPS technology within the helmet padding itself. MIPS SL’s minimalist “watchband” attachment system provides 10 to 15 millimeters of rotation in every direction and offers the same brain protection benefits as other versions of MIPS, while also increasing comfort and reducing weight.
• Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
• Ultralight Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
• Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water.
• Tri-Fix web splitter improves comfort and ease of strap adjustments, while an in-strap webbing system delivers ultralight construction and security.
To learn more, please visit the Specialized website
View the Specialized Helmet Range with specifications, summarized reviews and the latest deals.